Join our team
Do you have the passion and determination to make a difference in the lives of people with complex needs?
Hybrid – 3 days in Milton Keynes
Full time permanent role
We support autistic adults, and people with learning disabilities and other complex needs to live happy and fulfilled lives and achieve their goals. Our focus on kindness, involvement, quality of life and progress underpin the support we provide, ensuring that every person we support receives quality care that meets their needs.
Qualifications and Knowledge
• Knowledge of Office 365, including SharePoint and managing HR inbox
• Knowledge of how HR/People Information Systems work.
Skills and experience
• High standard of written and verbal communications skills. Able to communicate at all levels of organisation hierarchy with respect and professionalism.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work at pace and with accuracy.
• Ability to juggle conflicting priorities demonstrating personal resilience.
• Self-awareness; knows when to seek support.
• Ability to manage all contact with an emphasis on providing excellent customer service.
• Experience of operating in a professional HR environment.
Working as part of a professional Human Resource directorate, this role is focused on delivering all transactional HR administration spanning the whole employment lifecycle including workforce planning, recruitment (including international recruitment), pre-employment and induction, performance management, pay, benefits, reward and recognition, employee engagement, learning and development as well as employee relations (including disciplinary and absence management), succession planning, change management and end of employment. The role will process all HR administration tasks related to starters, leavers, and changes during employment.
1. Act as the first point of contact for all contact in relation to HR including managing timely and quality responses through the HR mailbox with the philosophy of right first time and that of providing an excellent service to internal and external customers.
2. Manage responses relating to basic HR queries by referring to and interpreting HR policies.
3. Able to communicate standard employees benefits and role-specific terms and conditions of employment in order to respond to employee queries.
4. Ensure that HR-related data is input into the People Information System to time, quality and GDPR standards to enable accurate and timely management information reporting from the system.
5. Produce basic adhoc reports from the People Information System.
6. Carry out all transactional HR tasks including starters – including all pre-employment checks and induction requirements -, leavers and all changes during employment as well as end of employment administration and all administration relating HR policies and correspondence to third parties, including responding to reference requests.
7. Liaising with L&D for induction and training of new starters.
8. Maintain accurate and confidential employments files in line with regulatory standards, adhering to the strict standards of filing to enable efficient and effective use of the employment files as the master record of employment documents for every employee.
9. Produce offer letters and contracts of employment to time, quality and legal standards as directed by the Head of HR Operations.
10. Calculate holiday entitlement, pay and other remuneration and benefits for the purposes of accurate payroll processing.
11. Calculate redundancy payments as directed by the Head of HR Operations.
12. Produce employment timelines for the purposes of fact-finding meetings, in line with the Precious Disciplinary policy.
13. Minute taking at formal meetings maintaining accuracy of records and confidentiality.
14. Carry out all reasonable administration tasks within the People Services directorate.
Any successful applicant will be required to undergo a full enhanced DBS check