Protecting Precious People: COVID19 Update
26 Mar 2020
The wellbeing and safety of our team members and our service users is our number one priority. All of our teams are working hard to protect our most vulnerable and ensure that our staff can continue to care for the people they support in a safe environment.
Actions we are taking:
- Protective equipment: All services are using protective equipment, including masks, gloves and hand wash. Stocks are being refreshed and enhanced and staff reminded of the vital importance of following the guidance provided.
- Risk Assessments: Personalised support and risk assessments are being developed by Managers to protect service users and staff who are more vulnerable to illness.
- Revised working arrangements where practical: We have introduced working from home for support functions where possible. This includes the temporary closure of L’Uccello Cafe at the service in Kings Heath.
- Staffing: Plans are being developed to ensure consistent safe staffing levels during peak illness periods.
- Recruitment events: We are continuing to recruit new team members. However, our recruitment events, which usually involve a group gathering and teamwork, are being moved online to minimise contact.
The Precious Homes Executive team is meeting regularly to keep abreast of the situation and share best practice. This approach will ensure that the actions we are taking are relevant and effective and that the latest recommendations are rolled out at service level.
We’d like to take the opportunity to reinforce our commitment to offering the best quality support possible and are taking steps to reduce the impact of the outbreak on the people we support, staff and families.