Celebrating Excellence at the GB Care Awards
11 Jan 2019
2018 was certainly a year of celebration with Precious Homes recognised at the regional Great British Care Award finals. With 16 Finalists representing each part of our organisation we are very proud of our team members nominated by colleagues and shortlisted by the judges. Both Treow House and Lawrence McAlinney are now set to attend the grand finals in March 2019. Congratulations!
Our finalists were:
West Midlands Regional Finals:
– Care Employer – Ulysses
– Care Home Registered Manager Award – Marcelo
– Care Home worker – Sandra Glasgow
– Putting people first – Claire Reynolds
– Care Team Award – Arthur House
– Care Newcomer Award – Eleanor Keiller
– ‘Putting People First – Robins view team
– Care Newcomer Award – Surat Miah
South East Regional Finals:
– Care Home Manager Award – Ashleigh Calder
– Frontline Leaders Award – Becki Davis Coxsell
– Care Home Team Award – Fenny Mews and Stratford View
London Regional Finals
– Care Employer Award – Precious Homes
– Care Home Worker Award – Lawrence McAlinney
– Care Innovator Award – Talent Team
– Care Home Team Award – The Avenue
– ‘Putting People First – Treow House Team
Congratulations to our team at Treow House and Support Worker, Lawrence McAlinney, for winning the Putting People First/Personalisation Award and Care Home Worker Award at their respective regional events.
Some fantastic comments were received by the judges, firstly explaining why Lawrence scooped the award: “During his interview the judges were impressed by Lawrence’s heart. “I love it” he says and he meant it. Lawrence said there is such a big reward when you see someone do something for the first time. Lawrence has worked in care for a short 10 months but during that time has embraced the concept of treating all people as individuals and encouraging and supporting choice and independence.” Well done Lawrence.
Judges also commended Treow House stating: “The people supported came to the interview and showed how Treow is supporting them to lead an independent life. It was hard to work out who the service user was and who the staff were! The staff showed several examples of how they have enabled their service users to lead an independent and fulfilling life. An amazing bunch of people who show how future care models should be.”
Both Lawrence and the Treow House team will now go on to join other regional winners to attend the GB Care Awards grand finals, this year being held at Birmingham’s ICC on 8th March 2019.
Good luck to you all and well done to all our amazing finalists! Very #proudtobeprecious
Find more about the awards here: https://www.care-awards.co.uk/